Expanding educational horizons with the web
Download as PDF Download as a Word document
Peter Johnson is an instructional designer and programmer with over 18 years experience in higher education.
He has a masters degree in Information Technology with a focus on web programming and a bachelors degree in
Peter has worked on the following projects:
Knowledge Books - Part of the team making the MnDOT knowledge books accessible on all devices.
- SourceCode - Designed, implemented, and taught the first two-semester of this high school tech academy.
- The Learning
House - Wrote and taught CSC235 Server-Side Programming for their online program management
- SHARE for Dementia - The instructional
designer for the team creating a certified course for counselors working with dementia clients and spouses. Created using video and Articulate Storyline
- Online Student Orientation Activities for Casper College, Casper Wyoming.
- USAID Trans-Atlantic Technology and Training Alliance - Member of the team developing the
21st Century Teaching and Learning Program for higher education institutions in El Salvador.
Some of the technical courses he has developed and taught include:
- Discover IT- An introduction to Information Technologies
- Web For Business - HTML and CSS
- Web Services - XML and Android app development
- Web Programming - PHP, SQL, and WordPress
Peter brings a wide range of work, case studies, and business experience to every project. He has
- A president of a corporation
- A professional photographer
- A programmer
- An instructor in both higher education and K-12
- An instructional designer for both industry and education
Peter is the founder of Web Explorations, LLC.
Master of Science in Information Systems - Aspen University, 2007
Emphasis on web programming
Bachelor of Arts, Magna Cum Laude
Organizational Management & Communication - Concordia
South Central Service Co-op 2016-2018
SourceCode Program Coordinator - Develop and teach online courses for high school students. Students earned
college credits while in high school.
Concordia University, St. Paul - 2015 - 2017
Developing and teaching web programming courses. Teaching
courses developed by The Learning House.
South Central College - 2000-2016
Instructor - Computer Careers
Teaching Web Development and Programming Languages
Business and Management
- Award of Excellence for the German Exchange Program 2004-2005
- Excellence in Ongoing CTL Campus Leadership Award 2005
- Service Award As Campus Leader for CTL 2003